No matter whether you want to stock a keg of Urban Orchard,
or simply visit us for a drink and a chat, we’d love to hear from you!
Cidery & Taproom
This Website wearehawkes.com is owned and run by [Hawkes].
[Hawkes]. ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting Wearehawkes.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is [Hawkes & C/O Smith and Watts Ltd, Ipswich Road, Colchester, Essex, CO4 0AN].
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.wearehawkes.com (our site) or on our social media pages. This includes information you provide when you register for our emails or enter a competition. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Emails that we send as part of our marketing programmes use clear gifs (Web beacons), which allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting and ensure that we send relevant content. Web beacons can be turned off by not “enabling images” in an email. Instructions on how to do this automatically should be in the help section or help file of your browser or program.
What are they?
A cookie is a small file that a Website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device so that the Website can remember who you are.
Do I want to stop them?
Due to their prime role of enhancing or enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this Website. We explain the cookies we use in the table below and give you a button by which you can choose to accept or block the optional cookies.
If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our Website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site or from using the site as easily as you might), or indeed any other Website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. For more information go to www.aboutcookies.org
Which cookies are being used on this site?
Cookie and statme
Cookie Acceptance (necessary)
Third-party site cookies
a) Social Media Networks. On our Website we may use social networking icons and sometimes embed video content from Websites such as YouTube. As a result when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example YouTube, or click on a social network icon that takes you to a link to that social site, you will be presented with cookies from Youtube or that site as applicable. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party Website for more information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to send you news and offers that we feel will interest you. We will contact you by electronic means in this respect only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Disclosure of your information
We will not share your information with any third parties.
Where we store your personal data
Our subscriber lists are stored on a secure MailChimp server. They don’t, under any circumstances, sell our lists, contact people on our lists, market to people on our lists, steal our lists, or share our lists with any other party, unless it’s required by law. If someone on our list complains or contacts them, they may then contact that person. Only authorized employees have access to view Distribution Lists.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody’s safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into the MailChimp system that materially affects us or people on our Distribution Lists, then they will notify us as soon as possible and later report the action they took in response. WE will pass this information on to you.
Safe Harbor Certification
MailChimp complies with the U.S.–E.U. and U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor Framework, which is overseen by the U.S. Department of Commerce and covers the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. They certify that they follow the principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
Your rights & CONTACT INFORMATION
You can ask us to correct or remove information about you that becomes inaccurate over time and also find out what information we are holding about you. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise those rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com?]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Websites.